Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Loris Karius Insists Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp Wanted To Keep Him At The Club This Season


Loris Karius has revealed that he had to convince Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp to allow him to join Besiktas on a two-year loan deal.
Loris Karius ended last season as first choice goalkeeper after being constantly rotated with Simon Mignolet, but two high-profile errors in the Champions League final coupled with pre-season errors and the arrival of Alisson resulted to him becoming just a second/third choice at the club
Besiktas have moved to offer Karius regular first-team action until 2020, but Karius has said that Klopp was not initially open to the idea.
At his official unveiling in Turkey, the 25-year-old said: “He told me he would like to have me in the squad because he wants to have the best quality players.
“I spoke to him and asked him for my wish, it is important to me to play for Besiktas. I talked with him for a long time and he understood my situation.
“I think it was a good deal for everyone. He wished me well but he said he would have liked to keep me.”
The Turkish giants will pay an initial loan fee of £2.25million with a further £7.25m to be paid in 2020 if certain performance criteria are met by Karius.
Liverpool also have a 20 per cent sell-on clause if Karius makes the move permanent in Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment